so yesterday evening I found out about a security issue in opensmtpd. I stopped my servers and reconfigured my machines. Went well on one server, except the new version of smtpd has a new configuration syntax. After updating it, it accepted to start and I had my second MX server running (the first is still down because it's a small ARM machine that's stuck building its kernel :/). Well... guess what happened this morning?
1/3

Suivre

Nothing... no mail came in since yesterday, but the server was up. So I checked the logs and found that it was rejecting everything. A single word in my configuration: alias
instead of virtual. Thankfully reconfiguring was almost instantaneous this time, so I started receiving mail again. But there were too many, coming from traduc.org servers (I'm part of the recipient list when mails are sent to the root user of this server).
2/3

During the night, it tried to send an email to root, which bounced at my server, so it generated a new mail to say it couldn't deliver, which couldn't be delivered either of course. For some reason, monitoring started to go crazy and send mail every 5 minutes, which added to the mess. Not sure if this is me or really bad timing, but here is a graph. I'm so sorry :/
3/3

Afficher le fil de discussion
Inscrivez-vous pour prendre part à la conversation
Framapiaf

Le réseau social de l'avenir : Pas d'annonces, pas de surveillance institutionnelle, conception éthique et décentralisation ! Possédez vos données avec Mastodon !